Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Connection Reset Oddity

On 29/08/13 12:41, Barry McLarnon wrote:
On 08/29/2013 11:09 AM, Jean-Luc cooke wrote:
Certificates.

The CA of the prestocard.ca site is not trusted in many linux distros - this often manifests itself as a "connection reset" issue.
Interesting... but doesn't the user normally get a chance to intervene and override if there's a trust issue?

Also, as I mentioned, the reset also occurs when attempting to connect from a Windows system, in which case the Linux box is simply acting as a router.

Usually yes. Another case where this happens is when the browser and the site cannot negotiate common ciphers. When I connect to prestocard.ca using Linux Chrome and Linux Firefox they both go to RC4-128 with MD4 MACs.

Have you eliminated the router as the source of the issue?

Can you telnet to prestocard.ca port 443 through the router?