Re: [OCLUG-Tech] suse usb stick

Hi Rob
Disclaimer: I do not use SUSE, so take this all as hints only.

I am assuming that you booted from the USB stick.

You are looking for a text file named *.desktop possibly located in
 /usr/share/kde4/templates/.source  or
 $HOME/Desktop
The .desktop file would contain the name of the install script.

But why would they package their USB stick like this? It sounds broken. Maybe you can find a less broken image to load onto the stick.

good luck -- Rick
Hi
When I run things from the live CD, I get an error:
"GTK GUI wanted but not found"
"Ncurses selected but no terminal available"

I'm guessing that GTK could not run for some reason to give you a gui, CL
mode is the failover and then that bombed too because ncurses is not happy.

Maybe terminfo is not correct?  I don't think that has ever happened to
me.  There are zillions of terminfo definitions, but only 2 or 3 are used
much.  Don't know where it is set.

Prolly try getting teh gui to work first.

I can't figure out how to run it from the command line - no idea what it
is called.

Suggestions?
Thanks!
Rob