Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Troubles installing with Suse USB stick

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Troubles installing with Suse USB stick
  • From: "Sean Rickerd" <srickerd [ at ] suse [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 11:28:10 -0600
Hi Rob,

I'm not in Canada at the moment, but I'll look into your issue as soon as I come back. Until then, feel free to get the official .iso from our site - www.opensuse.org

My apologies for any inconvenience and I will get back to you as soon as I'm back north of the border.

Sean Rickerd
Ingénieur Commercial/Sales Engineer
SUSE
514.834.5778

>>> Rob Echlin <rob [ at ] echlin [ dot ] ca> 8/12/2013 12:56 PM >>>

Hi Rick,
Sorry, I was even less clear than normal in what I meant.

What I am trying to run is the installer to install SUSE onto my  hard drive.
That's the app I don't know the name of.
Some menu systems allow you to right click on a menu entry and read it or even edit it.
Not this one.
If I know the name I can run it from the command line, as root.

I also noticed that other things don't run because they can't find GTK-GUI.

CLI mode may have failed because there is no terminal running when you run an app by clicking on its icon.
At  least that's what I think it means when it says "Ncurses selected but no terminal available".

Does anyone know what the name of the application is in SUSE that installs SUSE onto the hard disk from a Live USB stick?

Did anyone else try to install from the usb sticks that Sean Rickerd provided at the meeting last Tuesday?

--
Rob Echlin, B. Eng.
613-266-8311 -  Ottawa, ON