[OCLUG-Tech] oswatcher alternative, collector of top/ps/iostat/vmstat/... info

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] oswatcher alternative, collector of top/ps/iostat/vmstat/... info
  • From: "Peter Sjöberg" <lpaseen [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 09:56:02 -0400
Just wonder if it's something already out there that does something
similar to what oracles oswatcher does ?
What I'm looking for is some tool to use when analyzing server issues
and while oswatcher could be good it's questionable license and I don't
run oracle at all on most of the servers I need it.
The tool would collect the output of
ps,top,iostat,netstat,vmstat,mpstat,who,... every so often (like every
minute) to some kind of archive and then after so long (X hours) old
data is removed.
I can easily write something my self but before doing that I want to see
if someone else already taken the trouble doing it.

Techwiz, Peter Sjoberg PGP key (12F506C8) on keyserver & homepage
Key fingerprint =  3DC2 CEBA 1590 B41A 3780  955A DB42 02BB 12F5 06C8
Homepage: http://www.techwiz.ca/~peters
Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/henahadu/