Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Survey! What breakout groups would you like to participate it?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Survey! What breakout groups would you like to participate it?
  • From: Rob Echlin <rob [ at ] echlin [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 07:11:46 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Jeff,
Nice to meet you last night!

I think that the "average user" is my wife, who knows how to use her sound editor, browser, browser for cloud-based email, and some games. She still does her programming in Flash 5, on Windows. She may visit one of the phone-app developer groups at some point. Maybe.

Like the Python and Ruby groups, and the Agile group, we attract people who want to learn more than just enough to get by.

That's why you see people wanting to learn more about shell scripting.
It's an exciting area on Linux, with the potential to save you a lot of time and frustration. It also has cachet in the community, and value to employers.

Rob