Re: [OCLUG-Tech] the rest of the beaglebone black parts have arrived

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] the rest of the beaglebone black parts have arrived
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 06:38:45 -0400 (EDT)
  there is one potentially exciting issue about the angstrom linux
build that is currently shipping with the beaglebone black. it's based
on the very new 3.8 kernel, and there are still some issues with that
-- it's still a work-in-progress as far as the BBB is concerned, so be
prepared to keep up with day-to-day fixes. it's what being a hacker is
all about. :-)

  anyway, if you want me to put one aside for you, let me know.

rday

p.s.  before the meeting, i can also reflash the BBB you want with
whatever the latest image is from here:

http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/angstrom/beaglebone/

  new images are being posted on a regular basis as the bugs are
worked out, and the official images have a name of the form
"BBB-eMMC-flasher-2013.05.27.img.xz" so the day before the meeting, i
can just grab whatever the latest image is and update your BBB to
save you that time.

                        http://crashcourse.ca