[OCLUG-Tech] shipment of beaglebone blacks (BBBs) should arrive by end of week

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] shipment of beaglebone blacks (BBBs) should arrive by end of week
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 06:48:31 -0400 (EDT)
  since i already know a few folks who wanted one, i ordered 8 BBBs,
i should have them by friday so if you want one, let me know. in
addition to the base BBB (which comes with the USB cable to tether it
to a PC), i ordered a bunch of the acrylic cases and USB Mini-B Serial
UARTs, both of which you can see here:

  https://specialcomp.com/beaglebone/

everything else you might want (microHDMI-HDMI cable, 5VDC power
adapter) can be found easily here in town, so i'd prefer to sell, as a
unit, the collection of:

 * BBB
 * acrylic case
 * serial UART (for which there will be a hole cut in the case)

i'll have the final cost shortly, it will be exactly my cost with
shipping costs divided over all of the units.

  let me know if you want one, first come, first served.

rday

p.s. i plan on revamping my embedded linux courses to teach off of a
roomful of BBBs, so i've already started documenting the heck out of
it here:

  http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/BeagleBone_Black

this means that you should have little trouble getting your BBB up and
running, as i've seen most of the issues people have mentioned on the
beagle mailing list and most of them are, in fact, user error. :-)

                        http://crashcourse.ca