Re: [OCLUG-Tech] how to start ripping all my music CDs?

oops, forgot the list.

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM, George Standish
<george [ dot ] standish [ at ] ncf [ dot ] ca> wrote:

> I would highly recommend the abcde (A Better CD Encoder) script.  You can rip to multiple formats at the same time, so FLAC + a lossy format.

I also recommend abcde. It just works. It is easy to customize. It is
well documented. Like the other rippers it will pull track info from
the internetwebs.

I also strongly recommend encoding to FLAC. Not only does it sound
better, but it is future proof as you can re-encode to whatever
formats your future device will support.

--
sg