[OCLUG-Tech] script to automate setting of screensaver

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] script to automate setting of screensaver
  • From: "Prof J C Nash (U30A)" <nashjc [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 18:00:47 -0400
Has anyone used a script to set the screensaver rather than the interactive GUI? I'm using Mint, but other pointers welcome. I'm looking into a script to set up new machines e.g., when I visit colleagues and can have a VM, that would have the components and settings I like, and it would be nice to avoid having to set the screensaver and power settings, among others. Not anything vital, just useful if not to much work, and I could take a USB stick with iso and a script or two to do the setup unattended. (I suppose another way is to take a larger stick with the VM.)

JN