Re: [OCLUG-Tech] how to set up "passwordless" ssh login?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] how to set up "passwordless" ssh login?
  • From: Rob Echlin <rob [ at ] echlin [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 14:49:46 -0700 (PDT)
Sounds like you could put a public key on the target.
Good enough.

Everyone can login to a special remote-supervisor account on some server, to connect to the target, and that account has the private key.

Then you don't have to get keys from everyone in advance.
With a passwordless connection to the target, this would be an easy extra step.

You can add their keys to the server account when you need to, then they have passwordless access to that account.

Rob