Re: [OCLUG-Tech] multiboot liveCD isos on external HDD

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] multiboot liveCD isos on external HDD
  • From: "Prof J C Nash (U30A)" <nashjc [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 22:35:41 -0400
THanks. I'd thought of the XXXLinux approaches, but have only used them for individual images (and frankly used them but did not learn much how
they work). I should probably look further into it.

However, by using archivemount I found the name of the initrd and kernel for TinyCore-current and got it to boot with grub2. So far no joy with gparted iso. The hint came from a page

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/boot-multiple-iso-from-usb-via-grub2-using-linux/

However, they show a grub.cfg file with lots of different setups for different iso's, and it looks like they change with the flavour of the month of each distro.

If I figure out the "rules" I'll try to write them up and post a link here. In the meantime, if anyone is interested in sharing the investigation, contact me off list. This is obviously not top of the todo list, but it struck me as a nice way to have iso's bootable, including the boot-repair disks.

Best, JN