Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Linux apps?

On 12-12-10 02:43 PM, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
On 10/12/12 Rob Echlin said:

Hi
Has anyone here written GUI applications for Linux?
I am interested in writing a relatively simple app to start with,
prefereably in Python, maybe Perl if Python is too much work to get libs
for.

Examples:
- list the up/down status of a couple of web sites,
- maybe something more complicated, maybe to list the unread emails available on a couple of accounts,
- then a truly trivial graphical game, something  like "Hello Gamer
rfinnius- you have pressed 11 keys since the app started".
      - Where rfinnius is your login name.

Python with Tkinter is more than sufficient for this. You can graduate up to
Gtk or Qt if you want a more sophisticated api.

Also, is anyone familiar with doing those things with the Enlightenment libraries?
Is Python supported well in Enlightenment?

No idea. Does anyone use Enlightenment anymore?

I do. I'm running bodhi linux on my old Dell mini-9, and it runs extremely well.

http://www.bodhilinux.com/

But I think the question is backwards, it should be, is Enlightenment supported well in Python? There used to be a python-efl library available a couple of years ago but I don't know about its current state.

--
Pedro

Mike