Re: [OCLUG-Tech] recommendations for wiki that can render pages to PDF?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] recommendations for wiki that can render pages to PDF?
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 10:02:34 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 23 Nov 2012, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   followup to something i asked about once upon a time, i've been
> looking at easy ways to write course content online, then in one
> shot generate PDF from it to hand out in class.
>
>   i've noticed that some wikis have such an extension, so i'm
> wondering if anyone uses something like that on a regular basis and
> can recommend a wiki.
>
>   i don't need backward compatibility -- i want to install it from
> scratch on my laptop.  so ... thoughts?  i'd like the ability to
> write wiki pages completely arbitrarily as the urge strikes me, then
> later define an ordered list of them to render into PDF.  (being
> able to define chapter and section breaks in the eventual PDF would
> be a bonus.)

  i did notice one wiki -- dokuwiki -- that has a nice feature you can
see here:

  http://wiki.barebox.org/doku.php

i like the ability to write a collection of related documentation, and
have it display hierarchically on the left like that, and collapse and
expand it arbitrarily.  and it appears to have a pdf export extension:

  https://www.dokuwiki.org/tips:pdfexport

so i'll be looking at that shortly.  still open to other
recommendations.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca