Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Use of libreoffice to do high school work

No, the school does not provide MS Office.

As others have noted, pdf is the way to go and most of the teachers that
were insisting on .doc probably would not have noticed the difference.

Just as a follow-up to the original posting.  I wrote an email on the
subject to the school's principal.   He never replied.   My son has since
graduated and does not want to bother chasing this up and I respect his
wishes there.   He missed the honour roll by a fraction of 1% -- less than
the number of marks deducted due to the formatting issues.

John