[OCLUG-Tech] help switching over to Linux

hi there
i am wondering if you might be able to help me out. i was watching TVO the
other day and Don Tapscott mentioned Linux. how the Linux OS is a online
collaboration, and is also open source.

so i have been reading a bit online about Linux and i like what i see. i am
a big believer in open source.

anyway here is my problem. i am a disabled man who uses a wheel chair to
get around. i have very very little money to survive on as i rely on ODSP.
i was put up for adoption and have no family support so life for me is very
difficult.

i read that i might be able to get a dvd mailed to me with the Linux
operating system on it so i can then put it on my computer.

i would burn my own but i can not afford to buy the writable dvds. plus its
way over my head how to load the OS to my computer just from online with
out a dvd.

if there is any way you can help it would would be greatly appreciated.

my address is
2969 Fairlea cres.
apt 606
Ottawa ON K1V-9N2

i also came across something called Computers For Community's. i would love
to get more information on this as i need all the help i can get.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely Mr Dale Bennett.