Re: [OCLUG-Tech] sudo with ldap and active directory question

I'm not sure if this going to the list or just to Rob. Google mail
does not seem to have an option to reply to the list.
Anyway, samba appears to work fine but I'm bound to this setup because
I also have a bunch HP-UX hosts and I'm trying to keep things
consistent.
HP-UX too has the same issue so I'm guessing that it's not the Linux
client setup but something stupid in AD and the AD admin would not
even try to help. They're just amazed that "Unix can't deal with case
insensitive". On the other hand this being a Windows shop they
wouldn't even dream of changing anything in the schema or try to get
some more detailed info.
Now going over Stephen's suggestion that users are mapped to the wrong
field, well I'm not sure which field should they be setup to; I
thought the username is the one that matters but I guess I could be
wrong. If so how would I check? Is there some query that I haven't
thought of so far that I could use to check the mapping?

Thanks much,
Dumitru