Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Use of libreoffice to do high school work

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Use of libreoffice to do high school work
  • From: John C Nash <nashjc [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 17:15:54 -0400
In my statistics courses, graphs were kind of essential. While I agree with the sentiments
of Bill's comment, statistics done with no graphs is generally a vegetarian steak dinner.

The real messages are:
 - allow as much flexibility of tools to create material as possible
 - specify a format that is adequate and also compatible with the first requirement
 - this format should be relatively resistant to being messed up by the operating environment/

For me, pdf did the trick, but is isn't perfect. As noted in another comment in this
thread, I also have found that LibreOffice works fine if you begin with a .doc created in
Word. Bit of a nuisance, and I've no idea why this should be.

JN