[OCLUG-Tech] spam lists on yahoo

In the last year or so, and especially in last month, I've been "subscribed" to some
clearly fake yahoo groups.  e.g.,

> Hello,
>
> I've added you to my skwft group at Yahoo! Groups, a free,
> easy-to-use service. Yahoo! Groups makes it easy to send and receive
> group messages, coordinate events, share photos and files, and more.
>

> Description of the group:
> fb6ol8fa0a

 I'm not a user of yahoo. Despite yahoo's links "report abuse", I don't seem to be able to
send in a report. I'm not a yahoo subscriber to my knowledge. Even to attempt a report I
have to login via gmail, but in many cases data entry fields are greyed out. (This may be
because I don't let all scripts run in my browser. But I surely should not do so if I'm
concerned that folk are up to no good. First place I'd put the malware would be in the
"report abuse" page if I wanted to really cause trouble.)

Traffic from these sites is mostly in Chinese. I suspect they are some sort of effort to
build a botnet, for anything from advertising to cyber-warfare.

Any suggestions on how to get either yahoo or computer security folk to take an interest
in this? It clearly isn't a huge nuisance unless it is opening doors to crooks.

JN