From: Jorge Luis Diaz Flores [mailto:jldflores [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com]
Sent: March-09-12 10:04 AM
To: linux
Cc: Grégoire, André
Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Red Hat Enterprise Linux Licensing

Maybe you are confusing cores with processors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPU_socket
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-core_processor

A quick search for the  HP DL580 returns several configuration one of then with only one processor and 6 cores.

you will have to check the motherboard specification. Or follows Paul's advice.

I agree it is more complicated now but you don't have to pay for things you don't need :).