[OCLUG-Tech] Red Hat Enterprise Linux Licensing

Hi Everyone,

We are looking at buying RHEL Server to work with our newly acquired NetApp Storage Area Network (connected via fibre channel).

Our servers are HP DL580's and they have 6 CPU's. The RHEL licensing is confusing, can anyone explain it?

The sell a 2 or 4 socket version, we have 6 what happens in that case?

What about all the add-on's:

·         High Availability

·         Resilient Storage

·         Load Balancer

·         Scalable File System Add-On

·         High Performance Add-On

·         Smart Management Add-On

I remember when buying an OS was an easy thing.

Thanks for anyone that can offer some information, I figured I would reach out here first before talking the their Sales "engineers".

Thanks for your time!

Andre

Andre Gregoire
Senior Enforcement Officer
Electronic Commerce Enforcement
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
andre [ dot ] gregoire [ at ] crtc [ dot ] gc [ dot ] ca
Telephone 819-953-6972
Government of Canada