Re: [OCLUG-Tech] how does current email protocol support mail receipt verification?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] how does current email protocol support mail receipt verification?
  • From: Shawn H Corey <shawnhcorey [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 22:28:34 -0500
On 12-01-06 10:12 PM, Brenda J. Butler wrote:
The email protocol does not include any way to check if the
email has been read.

People have used other tricks to tell if the email has been opened.
One is the "include a link and if the person clicks on it, the
email has been read".

Another is the "include a picture and if that picture is downloaded,
the picture has been read".

Won't work. I have a filter on my email that checks to see if you're on my black list, and if so, sends it directly to trash and marks it read. I never see it.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

as it is about coding.

Never give up your dreams.  Give up your goals, plans,
strategy, tactics, and anything that's not working but never
give up your dreams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM5A1K6TxxM
"Never, never, never give up."
  Winston Churchill