Re: [OCLUG-Tech] anyone local do really fine soldering?

On 11-12-13 08:11 AM, John C Nash wrote:
It's been about 30 years, but I built, for example, the North Star FPU -- 6 * 10" S100
board with several hundred connections for high power Schottky chips. Used a fine iron,
and some magnifying spectacles. And a steady hand.

Heck I built a complete North Star kit once, the customer did not come back so I guess it worked. Not sure if my boss mentioned it was store assembled.

The picture of the connectors on the web site shows rather standard ten to the inch connections. Should not be hard to find a tech who can do those blindfolded.

Now SURFACE Mount, those are a bit tricky.

--
Charles MacDonald                 Stittsville Ontario
cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca              Just Beyond the Fringe