Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Recommendations for low maintenance Debian mail/dns/web setup?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Recommendations for low maintenance Debian mail/dns/web setup?
  • From: Bill Strosberg <oclug [ at ] strosberg [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 08:31:51 -0500
On 11-12-07 08:12 AM, Raj wrote:
I've been using squirrelmail for years now, give it a try.  Not sure
if it is included with squeeze as a stock package, but it is
definitely included with ubuntu.

--Raj.
Another person supporting Squirrelmail. It isn't fancy and it doesn't have a super slick AJAX client that tries to hide the fact it runs on a web browser. I've got hundreds and hundreds of users using it without trouble - but no one sends notes saying it is the coolest client they've ever seen either.

Integrates quite well with Postfix/Dovecot/SASL/MySQL in an ISP-like environment for virtual users without local accounts.

--
Bill Strosberg