Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Possible support?

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011, Dan and Wendy wrote:

> Hi there,

> I have been searching in hopes of finding an individual or company
> that could possibly help us.  The situation is that my brother in
> law passed away suddenly on Monday morning.  He is a web developer
> with Pensivo and used only the Linux system at home.  His laptop is
> password protected which we can't access, and it contains all of his
> contacts as well as other vital information that my sister needs to
> obtain.  Do you know of a way we can access this information? Thank
> you so much in advance for any assistance or suggestions that you
> could possibly offer.

> Sincerely,
> Wendy Patton
> dwpatton [ at ] rogers [ dot ] com
> 613-271-9049

  i'm guessing i'm not the only person who's quietly offered to lend a
hand here, but let me be just slightly legalistic for a second.

  before anyone actually helps out here, they should first require
legal documentation that shows that the person/people above have the
legal right to access that information -- salient excerpt of the will
identifying the executor, or something similar.  i realize pointing
that out might sound somewhat heartless at the moment, but it's really
important to protect the legal rights of everyone involved.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca