Re: [OCLUG-Tech] what is the "uname" variation that shows a 32-bit install on 64-bit system?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] what is the "uname" variation that shows a 32-bit install on 64-bit system?
  • From: Charles MacDonald <cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 22:15:35 -0400
On 11-05-06 10:01 PM, Jefrrey Moncrieff wrote:
I have MAN and gcc on Ubuntu(11.04) But then again it was a (upgrade
build) I could see the reasoning why not to include apache and web
server stuff. We think it odd but we are developers. Why would any
end user require Apache. It a Desktop to them

When I used to run SUSE I was always a bit amused that it needed Apache to run the internal help system.

The defaults for Ubuntu or Kubuntu are selected to provide the capability that a typical "corporate desktop" machine would have.

Appache or gcc are just an install away.

--
Charles MacDonald                 Stittsville Ontario
cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca              Just Beyond the Fringe