[OCLUG-Tech] anyone interested in buying my telus milestone android phone?

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] anyone interested in buying my telus milestone android phone?
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 09:36:29 -0400 (EDT)
  hoping i'm not abusing the mandate of this list, but i've had a
telus milestone android phone for just over a year (it's just a
rebranded motorola droid), and i have the chance to upgrade to an HTC
desire HD, which would effectively require me to simply purchase my
milestone outright.  since i won't need it, i'll happily sell it as
is, and you're free to root/unlock/whatever.

  this is the phone:

http://www.telusmobility.com/en/ON/motorola_milestone/index.shtml

the purchase price is $599, and i'll part with mine for $225.  at the
moment, it's missing only the wall charger but the local telus store
tells me those cost only $7 so i can easily pick up another one.  (i'm
sure it's just buried in a box i haven't unpacked yet.)

  i'll be posting a much longer list of geeky odds and ends i'm
looking to sell/give away to a good home that i can bring to the next
meeting -- boxes of cables, connectors, that sort of thing, as well as
a beagleboard or two, books, a laptop or two.  i figure that rather
than let all this stuff gather dust, there are folks who could put it
to use and it will all be available stupidly cheap or free.

  anyway, if anyone is interested in the milestone phone, drop me a
note.  and, once again, i hope i'm not abusing the list.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca