Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Linux Digest, Vol 76, Issue 10

On April 15, 2011 08:29:53 PM linux-request [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca wrote:
> If you don't want to be hand-holding for 26 hours a day, you'll need to
> wrap whatever you use in a VERY VERY user-friendly front end. My
> experience of most of the ticket systems is that they are designed by and
> for geeks, who are a minority of the population. That's OK for source code
> tracking etc., but not for plumbing leaks in condos of 86-year olds.
>
> On the other hand, I rejigged my homework submission system for our condo
> parking allocation, and the seniors took off and ran with it. But the
> design was absolutely vicious in removing EVERY unneeded element on the
> screen and minimizing clutter.
>
> JN

I think a very simple front end is what the Condo Corp needs.  The group I'm
working with are the opposite of geek and I can't babysit them once it is up
and running.  It just needs to work and so simple a monkey could use it.

Thanks to everyone for making suggestions.  I'll Install a few of these on my
server here at home and see what I can learn.  Then I'll make my
recommendation to the board.

--
bruce