Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Ubuntu Kosmic Kola vs. VMware Server 2

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 5:31 PM,  <allan [ dot ] fields [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com> wrote:

> 2.  However, it still didn't allow the VM to be powered on.  So, I went searching and found the answer - disable/uninstall qemu_kvm kernel mods which are now default is Ubuntu.  Oh *of course*, no wonder the vm monitor
returned an error, another hypervisor reigns default.

If, as it seems KVM/Qemu is default on Ubuntu Kola, why not use
Qemu/KVM?  It uses standard VNC for booting (using some bog-basic
non-accelerated VGA emulated graphics card), and you can always enable
RDP once windows boots...

You can use all the gui tools, or maybe just (assuming you have access
to KVM device)
    kvm -usbdevice table -hda /dev/sdc -vnc :1

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             Create like a god,
aidan [ at ] highrise [ dot ] ca                                       command like a king,