Re: [OCLUG-Tech] [OT?] anyone out there using C++/Qt for production work?

The question is: what do you mean by "serious" production work? Qt is proven
technology that has been pretty much everywhere. Adobe uses Qt. Skype uses
Qt. Many embedded systems do use Qt. QNX has outdated their Neutrino toolkit
in favor of Qt. KDE has been using Qt for ages.

I would say that the most immediate advantage is, like every other
framework, it will save a bunch of hardwork.

I  think drawbacks can be relative. I can't think of anything right now, but
since Qt targets a very very broad and wide audience, I think it really
depends on what you're working with. It's very hard to judge from a general
standpoint imho.