[OCLUG-Tech] Can I have an nVidia and an AMD/ATI video card in the same machine running Linux?

All,

We are planning to build a machine to be used to develop programs for
statistic analysis with OpenCL. These programs will run on either nVidia or
AMD/ATI video card. In the development machine we would like to use both an
nVidia and an ATI/AMD video card to test the performance and compatibility
of our programs on both platforms.

Is it possible to have 2 cards from 2 different manufacturers in the same
box under Linux? Is it a known source of problem? I could find info on this
type of configuration under Windows but very little detailled info under
Linux.
Anybody has practical experience with this type of configuration to share?

Thanks!

Charles
--
Charles Nadeau Ph.D.