[OCLUG-Tech] C4C notes

Hi
I have the following notes from the meeting and beer sig. Lisa and others may
have more.

1)
Proposed that OCLUG create a Linux install Cd for use at the Ottawa Public
Libraries, to be distributed by C4C.
- Suggested that Mint Linux might be better because it is a small install
- Suggested that it be one that provides easy Dialup internet access
  - Eric had a bad experience with this recently - was that Ubuntu?
- The firefox install on the CD should be modified to provide links to:
   - Public Library
   - City of Ottawa
   - C4C
   - OCLUG?
- Background of the installer should be changed to promote Ottawa, possibly C4C
and library again

Interested people:
- Rob Echlin
- Jean-Francois Messier
- Lisa
- Eric
- Dave Sampson

2)
Topics for meetings - I think Lisa has these
- basically, intro level topics in a number of areas
- Kids computing presentation
- Possibly split our space and have a second room for the last half of the
evening
- hands-on workshops as part of our session

3)
C4C is looking for hardware modems - "in quantity" to serve the thousands of
people who can't afford hi-speed

4)
I think there was another topic...

Rob