[OCLUG-Tech] Need help finding Linux based server vendors in London area and O/S technicians

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Need help finding Linux based server vendors in London area and O/S technicians
  • From: Kim Carder <kdccarder [ at ] hotmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 11:56:00 -0500
Hello, I work for Dr. Kyle Brydon an Ophthalmologist in St. Thomas and we are currently changing to electronic medical records and are currently in the process of changing operating systems.  We currently are on a Mac and will be turning PC and running a Linux based software called Oscar specifically geared to EMR Ophthalmology.  My question is, when calling around London area there does not seem to be anyone who is willing to or knows much about Linux O/S.  Can you suggest anyone in the area that sells Linux based servers and will service them and have ongoing Linux support?  This is very frustrating.  We would like to run dual software with Windows as well.  Before purchasing hardware I am looking for someone who has used the Linux O/S.  Thanks for taking the time to answer my e-mail.  Kim Carder
Kim Carder