Re: [OCLUG-Tech] privoxy or similar tunnel?

On 10-12-26 08:26 PM, Prof. John C Nash wrote:
My wife wants to view some TVO transmissions over the Net while in the USA, but gets a
message that she is in the USA and content is only for Canada. I've a server in Canada and
am thinking of trying privoxy or similar tunnel. Does anyone have experience or advice on
use of privoxy or similar tools?

I'd be interested in the answer to this as well, although my problem is more difficult in that the machine the browser is running on is locked-down and I cannot change proxy settings. I was thinking about trying to configure my apache setup with mod_rewrite and the proxy flag to do some thing like rewrite and proxy 'http://www.google.com.my.domain.ca' to 'http://www.google.com'.

Has anyone tried anything like this?

Many thanks in advance,

Michael