Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Linux Digest, Vol 72, Issue 10

On December 21, 2010 12:00:02 pm linux-request [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca wrote:
snip...

> > http://faintfuzzies.ca/2010/12/are-you-a-uber-hacker-do-you-wanna-be-uber
> > -csi
> >
> > Website is down for me (as tested from multiple locations).
>
> It's a semi-literate appeal for hackers to compete for positions in
> government to fight cybercrime.
>
> I'm sure this would include going after violators of DRM and the DMCA, two
> things which an advocate of a free and open exchange of ideas is likely to
> be against.
>
> So, it's an offer to sell your soul.

Dan,

I appreciate the complement of being semi-literate.  It is a step up from
being called functionally illiterate as a writer by not one but two English
prof's in '80's. I approach writing like this; if I've a lisp or stutter, does
that mean I should not talk?  What if I've a learning disability and writing
even poorly is a challenge does that mean I do not have the right to express
myself with the written word? Criticism without context and understanding is
for the...  (feel free to add whatever word here you think is appropriate).

--
DWW