From: linux-bounces [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca [mailto:linux-bounces [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca] On Behalf Of Rick
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 8:06 AM
To: Dan Langille
Cc: linux [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca
Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Computer Forensic Challenge

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 7:03 AM, Dan Langille <dan [ at ] langille [ dot ] org> wrote:

> On 12/21/2010 12:32 AM, lists [ at ] faintfuzzies [ dot ] ca wrote:
> > I'm posting this as some here might be interested in the topic about the
> DC3
> > Challenge.
> >

> http://faintfuzzies.ca/2010/12/are-you-a-uber-hacker-do-you-wanna-be-uber-csi
>
> Website is down for me (as tested from multiple locations).

It's a semi-literate appeal for hackers to compete for positions in
government to fight cybercrime.

I'm sure this would include going after violators of DRM and the DMCA, two
things which an advocate of a free and open exchange of ideas is likely to
be against.

So, it's an offer to sell your soul.

> --
> Dan Langille - http://langille.org/

Cheers!
Rick
Bullwinkle:    You just leave that to my pal.  He's the brains of the
outfit.
General:    What does that make YOU?
Bullwinkle:    What else?  An executive.
        -- Jay Ward