Re: [OCLUG-Tech] informing the masses of IPv6 [Was: Canadian domain registrar with IPv6 support]

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] informing the masses of IPv6 [Was: Canadian domain registrar with IPv6 support]
  • From: Aidan Van Dyk <aidan [ at ] highrise [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 16:25:31 -0400
* Bart Trojanowski <bart [ at ] jukie [ dot ] ca> [100907 15:58]:

> Their IPv6 is in beta, but you can get a /64 + /56 if you are a
> customer, and you ask.  Apparently it works well, with some glitches,
> like their DNS is not dual-stacked, so it cannot resolve hosts from
> v6-only servers.

As someone using TekSavvy's IPv6 w/ PPPoE, I'll say it's more stable than my
HE tunnel to my colo.

And since my local resolving/caching DNS (which does cheat and forward to their
servers) is dual-stacked, their DNS limitation hasn't affected me yet.

They still don't do delegation of the reverse DNS for your /56, but
well, let's hope that will come "soon" (Well, hopefully better than
soon, since their definition of "soon" seems to be years, or at least
that's how long I was told their IPv6 was coming "soon" before the beta
was started).

a.

aidan [ at ] highrise [ dot ] ca                                       command like a king,