Re: [OCLUG-Tech] informing the masses of IPv6 [Was: Canadian domain registrar with IPv6 support]

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] informing the masses of IPv6 [Was: Canadian domain registrar with IPv6 support]
  • From: Peter Sjoberg <peters-oclug [ at ] techwiz [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 15:30:29 -0400
On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 11:01 -0400, Prof. John C Nash wrote:
> Let's talk tomorrow after meeting (assuming Bart is coming). We haven't arranged a beer
> sig, but there are several places nearby. Will depend a bit on density of students (which
> folk can interpret in many possible ways!)
>
> JN
Since I won't make it to the meeting I just wont to send a "me2" note
from me.
I'm interested in this IPv6 stuff and been with both HE.com and
sixxs.net a long time since teksavvy didn't offer it then.

> On 09/06/2010 10:32 AM, Bart Trojanowski wrote:
Depends on what you doing. I'm not planning on getting any more IPv4 IPs
but and I have access to external ipv6 stuff from home so I'm ok, but
I'm interested in what the rest of the world (that is using up all IPs)
is doing.
One thing I see is that even today the latest version of many things
does not handle IPv6 at all or only in limited ways. When I looked
around for a free stable dns server I found none that actually have AAAA
records for the dns server (but they can server AAAA records). I know HE
recently added dns to there service and plan on moving there but...

> > It'd be nice if we could get TekSavvy to give a talk on their IPv6
> > deployment to homes.  Not to mention good publicity for them :)

Lon time ago I asked teksavvy about ipv6 plans but the answer was "we
working on it" and I could see they been working on it for years so I
decided to not wait.
Has this changed?, does teksavvy now offer native IPv6 over my ADSL
line ?