Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Low UDP performance

Hi there. That is an interesting problem you describe. No obvious
explanation for it comes to my mind. Over Ethernet I'd typically expect to
see higher goodput from UDP than TCP, especially where packet loss is
involved. I would recommend collecting some traffic stats from either
endpoint & try and isolate where exactly the packets are being dropped.
netstat -i is a quick way to check for tx/rx drops at either end. capturing
a trace with wireshark may provide some helpful clues. I'd also check the
system log for any error messages that might be relevant...possibly from the
NIC...normally...not as certain about behavior of the virtual hardware in
this regard.

did you use iperf for you TCP and UDP tests?

MikeR.