[OCLUG-Tech] Low UDP performance

Hi all,

I am experimenting with virtual machines existing in the same physical
machine.

My configuration is:-  Native: opensuse,/xen and tool used is "iperf"

I am getting TCP throughput of around 8Gbps between two VM. but the UDP
throughput is around 1.53 Gbps at data rate of 3000Mbps. but with this the
data loss is around 20-30%

I tinkered with linux kernel settings to tune the TCP sockets
r|w _mem = 4096 12288 262144
r|w _ default = 12288
r\w_max = 2262144
RTT = 0.096 ms
txqueuelen = 10000
 backlog queue= 2000

the above setting are done in both VMs and in the Dom0.

Earlier I got UDP performance of 1.8 Gbps with negligible data loss. I dont
know those settings in the kernel.
I am not getting the optimum settings to get around this problem.

Thanking you in anticipation
--
M P Singh
Carleton University, Ottawa