[OCLUG-Tech] iPad in Ottawa?

Hi
A friend of my buddy bought an Appl-ish iPad in Ottawa about 3 weeks ago, from a phone kiosk in an Ottawa mall for $300.

My
buddy saw the device. It said iPad, had the Apple logo, and it runs
iPhone apps - one bought from Apple, one provided by a prof at
Algonquin for their course.

So today I read that Apple is delaying sales in N.America until April 3.
My guess is that some company has faked them, with modified iPhone software.

Rob
 --
Rob Echlin, B. Eng.
613-266-8311 -  Ottawa, ON