From: Kelwin Wylie <kelwin [ at ] wylie [ dot ] ca>
Cc: linux [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca
Sent: Thu, February 18, 2010 12:03:21 PM
Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Local SELINUX Training

On 02/17/2010 01:12 PM, Eric Archambault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working for a government department slowly moving more of
> their essential services to linux boxes.  This use to be an adhoc process
> but we would like to start creating and enforcing certain policies for these
> servers.  What we're looking for is a formal SELinux training course offered
> around the ottawa area, it doesn't have to be in ottawa, but less then 5
> hours travel time would be preferred.  If anyone knows of a formal SELinux
> course, or even just general linux hardening, please let me know.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Eric

Red Hat has a 4 day SELinux course:  RHS429 Red Hat Enterprise SELinux
Policy Administration.

A description of the course is available at:
https://www.redhat.com/courses/rhs429_red_hat_enterprise_selinux_policy_administration/

An outline of the course is available at:
https://www.redhat.com/courses/rhs429_red_hat_enterprise_selinux_policy_administration/details/

There is a certification exam associated with this course if you are
interested in that kind of thing.

This course is not currently scheduled anywhere in Canada, but if you
have enough people interested in taking it, you can work with Red Hat to
arrange an onsite course or a course at the site of one of their
training partners (the one in Ottawa is ctc TrainCanada).

In the interests of full disclosure:
- I am NOT an employee of Red Hat, but
- I am a Red Hat instructor and
- I do contract work teaching the Red Hat courses leading to the RHCE.
- I do NOT teach the SELinux course nor have I taken it (although I
would like to!).

Kelwin

--
Kelwin Wylie