[OCLUG-Tech] Unhelpful error messages seem to haunt me. Kubuntu Upgrade to 9.10

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Unhelpful error messages seem to haunt me. Kubuntu Upgrade to 9.10
  • From: Charles MacDonald <cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 14:48:10 -0500
Error Code 127, what a wonderfully helpful message.

I backed up my home directory yesterday, and decided to go for Kubuntu 9.10 for the new year. I upgraded my Wife's laptop the other day and it seemed to go smoothly and so far no issues - even the web cam now suddenly works.

Try to upgrade mine and Kpackagekit gives me error 127.

I try apt-get and make some progress, the Blocked updates I have been seeing are now in place.

I think I should stop fiddling today in case I make it worse.

Searching the web I can't even find a definition of "error 127" and the help pages show the next step as though it can't help but happen.

sudo apt-get upgrade and sudo spt-get dist-upgrade now say everything is up to date. Kpackage kit still offers to get 9.10 but stalls in about 2 seconds with the error 127 andter I agree that this is a long process.

I don't realy know all the ins and outs of apt as I have turned into a GUI user since I retired.

--
Charles MacDonald                 Stittsville Ontario
cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca              Just Beyond the Fringe