Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Need some advice re: RAID and LVM ?!?

Thank you Damian;

On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 18:08 -0500, Damian Gerow wrote:
> William Case wrote:
> : Is it worth worrying about, i.e. setting up, either both or either of
> : RAID or LVM?  As I said I have read the general bumph regarding the use
> : of both, but has anyone with a small system similar to mine found any
> : great advantage.
>
> In short: I haven't found any substantial, ever-present advantage to using
> LVM, but I also haven't found any disadvantage to using it, either (standard
> disk layout caveats apply).

I appreciate your honest and thoughtful response.  If I just update F11
to F12, I will leave the disks as they are, i.e. without LVM.  If I
decide to do a new install, I'll go with LVM just for the learning
experience.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3