[OCLUG-Tech] Need some advice re: RAID and LVM ?!?

Hi;

I am about to install Fedora 12 on my machine.

The Fedora installer, Anaconda, keeps wanting to configure my hard
drive(s) with RAID and particularly LVM.  I have looked at the issue and
understand what both RAID and LVM are.  They seem like a PIA; an extra
complication, I don't need on my small system.  I have avoided using
them in the past; but I am now wondering if I should just go ahead and
let Anaconda do its thing.

I have a small network of two machines in my home.  They seldom
interact.  My personal machine has two hard drives sda, 40 GBs which
contains WindowsXP including a 10 GB partition for my Linux backups; a
second, sdb, 500 GBs, including a 10 GB partition for my Windows
backups.

They main disadvantage I see to LVM is that 'parted'/'gparted' can't
re-partition LVM disks, and, RAID seems more suited to a much larger
system and won't do much for two small disks.

Is it worth worrying about, i.e. setting up, either both or either of
RAID or LVM?  As I said I have read the general bumph regarding the use
of both, but has anyone with a small system similar to mine found any
great advantage.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3