[OCLUG-Tech] Perl JPEG::Comment

Related to my recent photo captioning talk, I've been scanning for other
tools and found the Perl module JPEG::Comment. It can be downloaded from
http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/dist/JPEG-Comment.

I tried downloading and installing -- as root I did make and make
install, then tried  'perl example.pl' in the example directory but got

Undefined subroutine &main::jpgcomment called at example.pl line 11.

After trying an install (seemingly successful) using

perl -MCPAN -e shell

install JPEG::Comment

I got the same message when trying the example.

While I use Perl quite a bit, I'm not a module guru. Anyone have ideas?

Cheers, JN