Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Confirmation re: analog or digital from Rogers Cable ??

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Confirmation re: analog or digital from Rogers Cable ??
  • From: Spencer Cheng <scheng [ at ] aotera [ dot ] org>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:53:19 -0400
Bill,

It really depends on the tuner in your computer. Tuners could be analog or digital.

Robber's signal coming over the coax has both analog and digital signals. The analog tuners will only pick up the analog signal and likewise the digital signal. The digital signal however is encrypted (mostly, not sure about all the channels) you you need a digital tuner that can decrypt the signal. In other word, for digital signal, you will need one of Robber's set top boxes.

Regards,
Spencer