Re: [Fwd: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Hardware urgently needed -- LiTW - a BBQ!]

  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Hardware urgently needed -- LiTW - a BBQ!]
  • From: "Brenda J. Butler" <bjb [ at ] linuxbutler [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 06:58:57 -0400
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:18:49PM -0400, Lisa wrote:
> there any other hardware we should be bringing, like chairs, food,
> utensils, other picnic supplies?  Does computer-related hardware
> (e.g. laptops) typically get brought to this event, or is this an
> effort to get us out from behind our computer screens?  ;)

We've tried to bring computer-related hardware - the screens
are hard to see (on sunny days), power is hard to come by, and
if it rains you have to scramble to protect it.  But if you want
to bring something, people will be interested.  Little gizmos with
batteries might be easier - GPS, PIM, cameras, etc.

The park personnel has told us we can't put up buildings or even
hang tarps from trees - hence the request for patio umbrella.
Hopefully that won't be banned too.

There are plenty of picnic tables, so you don't have to bring
chairs - and OCLUG supplies the food and utensils although you
can volunteer to help with it if you like.  The utensils are
plastic so if you want to bring your own utensils that would be
great - reduce the amount of waste.

I hope this helps ...

bjb