From: "Michael Walma" <michael [ at ] walma [ dot ] org>
To: "OCLUG Technical" <linux [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:42:59 -0400
Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Recommendations for big external disk?
Hello there,

I am in the market for a largish ( >= 1T ) external drive which plays nicely
with linux.  I am guessing it will be USB 2.0 but I wouldn't rule out
network attached storage if the price/performance were attractive.  If it is
USB, I would likely reformat ext3 or similar.  I would be using it a the
core file server for my home network, including my media library.

Any recommendations and reports of experiences, postive or negative, either
to me directly or to the list, would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Michael