Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: Large format negs

Prof. John C Nash wrote:

The negs are from my father's deed box. We suspect we already have all the pix, so can do a lo res scan to see what's there which should speed things up. If I knew they were all "new finds" of importance, I'd go commercial. I suspect most are destined for the trash, but there's always that nagging doubt.

US Old Analog Photographers can't help but cringe.. Your best copy of a photo IS the negative. far more texture and detail than you are likly to be able to capture digitaly.

If you have to toss out one, toss the print and keep the neg.

--
Charles MacDonald                 Stittsville Ontario
cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca              Just Beyond the Fringe