Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Connecting Thunderbird and Firefox in Kubuntu 9.4

Hey Charles,

I'm a Kubuntu user myself, and what you describe is not an uncommon frustration.

Here's a couple of links that I hope would help you:

http://www.birkit.com/content/kubuntu-linux/internet/firefox/fix-file-associations-in-firefox.html
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/ubuntu-63/firefox-3-beta-5-file-association-problem-642645/#post3173015

KDE 4 is, IMHO, great but still has some kinks to work out. To avoid the problem with Firefox & Thunderbird, you could consider using Konqueror and KMail instead.

Hope that helps,

J-F

Charles MacDonald wrote:
Another unrealted problem with my new computer. When I click on a URL in thunderbird mail, it does not open a web browser window. I know it is suposed to work, but I cannot find anyplace where the browser to use can be set, or indeed any setting about opening URL's

I did find the reverse, telling Firefox to send a link, it made me find the thunderbird binary in /usr and now it seems to be able to perform a "mail this page" request.

As you can imagine not being able to click on a URL makes notifications of new posts on web groups uncomfortable.